Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cleaning Out My Closet

That's the name of an Eminem song.  This entry is not about that song.  I literally cleaned out my closet today, while watching "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion".  Rachel had never seen that movie before - I was shocked!

Anyway, the reason I was doing this was not because my closet was really all that messy.  I mean, I only moved back home a month ago, so how messy could I possibly have gotten?  (I'm actually more organized than I've been in a long time, so that really was not the issue.)  The reason I was going through all my crap is because I couldn't find my digital camera.

I thought it would be in the closet, because that's where my video camera is, and they had both been packed together in the same box when I was moving.  So I pulled all my clothes off the closet bar, took out all the boxes and other crap my mom had jammed in there.  I found quite a lot of stuff that I didn't even know was in the closet, like a bag of stuff my mom had taken from my old room and brought up here.  For example, my first place award from the French Competition back in 2000.  (OMG that's 11 years ago!  Shut up!  lol)  And the porcelain carousel horse that has a music box which plays "It's a Small World After All."  Not to mention some REALLY old CD's of mine, like some Metallica crap and some other random shit.  It was great to find these gems, and I was able to re-organize my closet in a more sensible way.

Unfortunately, I didn't find my digital camera in the closet.  I was kinda pissed off about that, but I figured I'd just give up and look again later.

That is, until I sat down to write this entry.  I was thinking about where I had put the box that used to contain the digital camera and the video camera.  It had been on a shelf over my bed.  I looked over my shoulder to see... a suspicious black mass on that same shelf.  When I got up to investigate...  of course.  The digital camera was right there, in it's case, exactly where I had left it.  Sigh...

Well, at least my closet is organized now!  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment