Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jets Suck & Nabokov is a Douche

Sunday Funday!  I kinda like watching football on Sundays.  No wait, that's not entirely true.  When Danny would watch like 3 straight games starting at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon... that wasn't quite as fun (hehehehe). But when there's just ONE game that I'm somewhat interested in watching on a Sunday evening, I like it!  For example, tonight's Steelers vs. Jets game, to decide which team will make it to the Super Bowl.  I am a Giants fan, so I don't much care for the NY Jets.  Plus that coach Rex Ryan is just a big talker and he's kinda creepy.  At least the Giants coach looks like a mean dinosaur instead of the Pillsbury Doughboy, and doesn't make strange foot fetish videos.  So I was pretty gleeful when the Jets lost tonight.


Yeahhh I got bored and took a bunch of really retarded DSi photos with effects and posted them on Facebook.  I'll probably regret that tomorrow lol!  xD

Anyway so that's not the only sports topic on my mind right now.  I'm a bit baffled by the Waivers system in the NHL.  You see, this goaltender named Evgeni Nabokov had been placed on waivers by the Detroit Red Wings... and when you're on waivers, it means that another team can swoop in and snag the contract.  So the Islanders claimed Nabokov off waivers, and this fucking goalie is being a HUGE diva bitch about it.  Clearly he doesn't want to come to Long Island.  He said:
"Right now, that's right. I was surprised they picked me up. I was like, 'Wow, what's the point?' " Nabokov told ESPN. "It's nothing against the Islanders and their organization. It's just that I'm at the point in my career where I want to help a team win in the playoffs. I don't see how I could help the Islanders or what I could do for them."
I say... first of all, guy, it's not up to you to determine why a team picked you up.  We have our reasons - mainly that our main goalie Rick DiPietro's ability to play is pretty uncertain, and our 'baby goalies' aren't doing so hot either.  Lawson (the better rookie) is kinda injured and I don't even KNOW the other goalie's name.  So we need a more, uh... 'reliable' goalie.  It's not like a player can be placed on waivers and then give dibs to a team that's in playoff contention.

So anyway, this guy Nabokov is refusing to report to my team.  He even hung up on the General Manager, Garth Snow:
Snow, however, also confirmed what owner Charles Wang had told reporters a few minutes earlier, that Nabokov - the longtime Sharks goalie who started this season in the Russian KHL - had hung up on him during an initial phone call made Saturday. Before talking to Snow Sunday, the 35-year-old Nabokov told ESPN he hadn't been contacted by the Isles or received any voice messages from Snow.
"(Nabokov's agent Don Meehan) called me and told me it was uncalled for and that he would get to the bottom of it," Snow said. "He called me back 15 or 20 minutes later, saying '(Nabokov) didn't know it was you.' I just gave him the benefit of the doubt."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/2011/01/23/2011-01-23_islanders_owner_charles_wang_reveals_gm_garth_snow_confirms_evgeni_nabokov_hung_.html#ixzz1BvV5oJgs

I say, child please.  This is the most obnoxious move I've ever seen by a hockey player, and that's saying a lot, considering how much crap NY Ranger Sean Avery has pulled in the past 5 years or so.  I always figured that [most] hockey players were humble and down to earth.  At this point I don't want this fuckhead Nabokov on my team - he's clearly a selfish bitch, and that doesn't fit my team's mentality.

I hope the league forces Nabokov to honor his contract that is now owned by the Islanders, and then I hope the Islanders suspend him for the rest of the season for being a douchebag.  That way he can sit on his ass and mope around for the next 3-4 months and not play for ANYONE, let alone a playoff team.  That's what you get for being a selfish asshole.

*end rant*  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment