Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dork Day!

Today, I was open about my nerdy-ness.  Meaning, I went out to GameStop and downloaded a free Pokemon to my three DS games.  :P  But it was fun to go to the mall with my little sister!

I also went to a crafts store called Michael's and picked up something I've desperately needed - an x-acto knife!  And I need this because I had received a silhouetting kit for Christmas and wasn't able to actually play with it without this precision cutting knife.  So now I can do CRAFTS!!!  Yay!

Now if I would just gather up the courage to try and learn to crochet.  My sister got me a really cute crocheting kit but I don't know the first thing about this kind of sewing.  I'm just worried I'll screw it up and waste all my yarn.  Though I suppose I could always go BACK to Michael's and get more yarn.  Maybe I should stop being a wuss.  I'm sure there's some YouTube videos I could find that would help me learn how to crochet.  It just seems a lot more complicated than I thought it would be!  Or maybe the instructions just LOOK complicated.  Maybe I should just try it and shut up.  :P

Anyone out there in the interwebs know a good crochet resource?  lol

OK the Islanders are playing the Oilers tonight so I'm gonna go watch the game.  I have kind of a bad feeling about this game... we've been on a long winning streak (shocking!) and I'm feeling like all good things must come to an end.  But we'll see.  Maybe I'll post an angry rant about the game tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment