Friday, November 12, 2010

Starting Over

I have too many blogs. One for health, one for gaming, one for art, apparently I had started one for sports too... it's just gotten a little ridiculous. I've decided to ditch those other blogs and start over. It's fitting because in my life I'm about to start over too, in a way.

It's kind of like I had to press the RESET button on my life. I've been living with my boyfriend in Staten Island for the past 2-3 years. For the past 4 years or so, I've been suffering with health problems that make working full time very difficult for me. So I've been doing a work from home job, but I make shit money at it and it doesn't pay the bills. Unfortunately that means that Dan and I have to give up our apartment and move in with our parents. Separately. He'll be staying on Staten Island and I'm moving back to Long Island. Sigh... It'll suck but hopefully we will get through it.

What makes everything even worse is that last month I found out that I have a spinal injury. I have two bulging discs around my L1 and L2 vertebrae. This makes finding a better job even harder, because now I know why I feel so much chronic pain, and I know it's never going to fully go away. I can't sit or stand for an extended period of time. I don't know what full time job would allow you to get up from your desk every 30 minutes and take a break. And retail seems out of the question because I'd have to be standing during the entire shift. So I kind of feel like I've hit a brick wall in my life.

I need to focus on more positive things. I've been working hard at trying to eat right and lose weight. I had some success a couple weeks ago but I've kind of hit a plateau in my weight loss, and I haven't even come close to my goal weight. That probably means I need to do more exercise and eat even less. It's just tough cuz with my spinal injury, I'm afraid to push my body too hard.

Anyway I don't want to harp on all the bad things in my life. I promise that not all my blog entries will be about that. I plan on importing some recipes from my health blog, maybe upload some photos and game related stuff (yes, I admit I play Pokemon games and I'm a total dork) for funness. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer! I resent that moniker so I will do my best to not become that. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment