Friday, November 19, 2010

That's Enough, Chris Botta

In more Islanders related news, there was once a blogger named Chris Botta.  He had a sort of an indie-style blog, but he was covering the Islanders team and often went to morning skates and posted 'insider info' that you wouldn't find on the Islanders team website or other news sites.

Recently, however, the Islanders decided that Chris Botta was getting a little out of control.  He was posting overly negative opinions about the movements the team had made, and apparently he had done some player interviews outside of the designated areas for press.  Garth Snow (the GM of the Islanders) made the decision to close down Botta's Blog and remove his press credentials for covering the team.

Chris Botta is not handling this situation like a grown up.  He's been practically begging to speak with Garth Snow and ask for his credentials back, but Snow is standing firm.  (From Twitter:   I'm told Garth Snow standing firm on his ban. Looks like I'll be barred from a second game. Ok, back to Springsteen box set.)  Botta has been posting similar whining posts across the web.  The fans are starting to get sick of it.  Personally, I was never a fan of his and I'm glad to see him removed from the Islanders.

My friend Gina came up with this hilarious idea, and requested that I make a little photoshop ditty to send Chris Botta a message.  (I take no credit for the Family Guy reference or the idea to sub in Botta's name for John Mayer's.)  I sent this to Botta via TwitPic but I figured I'll post it here as well for your viewing pleasure:


I don't know if it will get him to stop being a baby, man up, and accept his fate... but I always enjoy sending this dude a piece of my mind.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment