Friday, November 12, 2010

Things I Won't Miss About Staten Island

  • The People:  Orange skinned and self absorbed.  With the exception of Dan and his friends and family of course.  :P
  • My Landlords:  Blasting loud music to make the floor vibrate, screaming children during the morning, insufferable pitbulls in the yard...  need I go on?
  • Buses EVERYWHERE.
  • Being so close to the water that every rainstorm feels like a hurricane.
  • Airplanes and helicopters seem louder here than anywhere else I've lived.
  • STINK BUGS AND CENTIPEDES.
  • Hard water.  My skin has been soooo dried out.  (Though I don't really know if that's just my skin aging or what.)
  • City cigarette prices.
  • Nothing is really in walking distance except the park and the bus stop.
  • Being far away from my family and friends.
  • The "lovely" view of New Jersey power plants across the river.
  • Staten Island Yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment